Thursday, April 7, 2011

An ode to my brand new beautiful nephew

This title doesn't suffice, as I certainly can not write poetry. But Im leavin it anyway, for the sake of getting this post up and running. I have been a huge slacker this last month and a half.... between traveling to Puerto Rico with 2 of my favorite girlfriends and then traveling to Park City, Utah with some of my other favorite girlfriends and coworkers, and then one very exciting family event, it seems I've lost my way with this blog. Must. Get. To. Writing.

The only thing that could possibly motivate me is the new addition to my family... my new nephew Matthew Jr.

At approximately 2am on March 20th, my brother and sister in law welcomed their new son Matthew Jr to this world. We spent the previous 9 months DYING to know if this would be a beautiful girl or a boy... can we buy blue Gap sweaters or pink sequined skirts? Will he wear his Yankee jersey proud, or will everyone think the poor little girl is a cute little boy? Do I get to play dress up with her and paint her nails and cover her in makeup at a much too early age? OR do I get to showcase my talents in baseball and play catch and teach him how to win over the ladies? The suspense was killing all of us.

Well catch it is, and I couldn't be more thrilled. He is the most beautiful thing I've laid eyes on to date... and although I am the proud Aunt, I swear anyone that's seen him would say the same thing. He really is gorgeous! I was so excited to spend that following Monday at The Gap FINALLY able to buy appropriate, colorful blue and green clothes. All the cream and brown really does get old after 9 months. So this kid is already the golden boy of the family (similar to his father and my husband), golden hair and all, and is already about as spoiled and loved as anyone.



It's been amazing to see my sister in law and my only brother turn into loving parents. It's also such an amazing feeling to finally be an Aunt. I didn't know it would be so emotional for me, even as close as my brother and I are. But it's really been overwhelming... in the best way possible. To answer all those questions about me being ready to have my own... no. Not yet anyway. It's all about this little guy right now and all I want to do is spoil him and love him and not even think about anything else. It does have me thinking, if I could love him this much, how am I going to handle the love I will feel for my own? Unimaginable.

So that's all for my first post in a very long time. More to come this weekend, recipes, etc. I promise! but for now, let's just enjoy this face.

Sleepin on Nanna



Proud Auntie

No comments:

Post a Comment