Monday, June 13, 2011

La Birreria

I think I should change my blog to something along the lines of "Reasons I love Mario Batali". Here's yet another post of another Batali experience that impressed!

I've been waiting for the Eataly beer garden to open semi-patiently. If it was half as cool as Eataly itself, I knew it had to be good. It finally opened about a week and a half ago and my friend Nicole was 5th on line when I met her. They took our name and cell phone number down on an ipad- so advanced! They sent us a text when our table was ready. Pretty perfect, considering you can have a glass of wine while you walk around the place.
The Pretzel bread was deee-lish

We got up there before sunset, the sun was gleaming off the Empire State building (perfect view) and the Credit Suisse cathedral top that overlooks Madison Square Park. It was beautiful. Eataly brews their own beer up there. I don't even like beer, but this beer was definitely worth drinking. I tossed the allergy out the window (or off the side of the building) and started with a great light ale, then gradually worked our way through more darker beers. We ended with a darker brew with "Christmas spices" that was pretty fab.



We shared meat and cheese plates, sausages (what's beer without sausage?), mushroom salads, and shrimp. The meats, cheeses, and mushrooms were the star.
Bologna and Bacon!


Lydia was there on opening night. She agreed so nicely to take a picture with us... such a great ending to a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment